Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-11-2016, 08:53 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Yes we got kC...

Who is this mysterious "we"? Is there a secret Nexus Discord or is it a different Discord?
(10-12-2016, 05:19 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]

Who is this mysterious "we"? Is there a secret Nexus Discord or is it a different Discord?
Probably the Avali Triage discord. So a not secret Nexus discord that isn't affiliated with the Nexus
Different experiences I guess, every community I can remember well has typically had seniority play a pretty important part.
But I do see exactly what you mean with popularity winning out, I've seen that plenty of times too.
(10-12-2016, 05:19 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]

Avali triage discord, lots of the fun and crazy organized into rooms, even contains a room especially for nonsense rp so everyone can get the silliness out of their system. It's where I've been, I'll post an invite if an administrator sanctions said ADVERTISING OF ANOTHER SERVER!

Seriously though it's got something for everyone, all posts are saved and you can easily request pins, we got two other servers with gaming and serious rp in mind (I'm running an rp and I need halp with world building and organization.) Also a lot of vintage nexus members and new faces you will quickly learn to love.

I'll still show up here for you guys cause...

Edit: also features a mature lounge where only 18 and over are allowed which is quite chill, but due to issues with ERP getting traumatizing it's both been moved off server and you have to officially state you are of age, legal shit.
Eh, I probably won't join simply because I doubt they want to see me. Rather the opposite in fact.
Its still dischord.

Therefore I automatically hate it because it is new and trendy, and everything it does is already served by places i already go.

Unfortunately it is sucking up users so fast that the forums which had survived facebook are now breathing their last one after another.
For me the big selling point on discord isn't that it does anything new, more that it rolls a bunch of useful things into one more modern service.
So what now? We abandon this place for a discord server of this forum?
Shaad will most likely disagree on this since there's no more pages of the forum feel and no more 169s.
Also what we do with the server that was running this place if nexus forums discord happens
I'm fine keeping the forum, I have other discord communities
(10-13-2016, 12:44 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]So what now? We abandon this place for a discord server of this forum?
Shaad will most likely disagree on this since there's no more pages of the forum feel and no more 169s.
Also what we do with the server that was running this place if nexus forums discord happens

Correct about my not enjoying that idea, although it's more because I just prefer forums in general for a wide variety of reasons.

man the concorde sure looks like a mecha
(10-13-2016, 04:06 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]Snip
man the concorde sure looks like a mecha
However, unlike most mecha, nobody is going to allow you to pilot one on the grounds that you fell into the seat.
(10-12-2016, 02:21 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Eh, I probably won't join simply because I doubt they want to see me. Rather the opposite in fact.
Actually quite the opposite EVERYONE is welcome. Jetpack even came at one pojnt but that didn't last.

(10-12-2016, 04:23 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Its still dischord.

Therefore I automatically hate it because it is new and trendy, and everything it does is already served by places i already go.

Unfortunately it is sucking up users so fast that the forums which had survived facebook are now breathing their last one after another.

LOL, it's actually trendy because it's good. So many features that are quite welcome, in one place.

People are going to discord BECAUSE its an all in one and I've had to open steam and skype less and less.
I don't do well in big groups, so I left too.

Discord is entirely more convenient than Skype and is exactly 5 less frustrating, when Skype was 8.
(10-13-2016, 11:21 AM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]I don't do well in big groups, so I left too.

Discord is entirely more convenient than Skype and is exactly 5 less frustrating, when Skype was 8.
Yeah the triage discord has calmed down a LOT now that the ongoing issues are mostly resolved.

Also Discord has REALLY LOW MEMORY USAGE! Lower than overwolf at around 80 mb.
(10-12-2016, 02:14 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-12-2016, 05:19 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Who is this mysterious "we"? Is there a secret Nexus Discord or is it a different Discord?
Avali triage discord, lots of the fun and crazy organized into rooms, even contains a room especially for nonsense rp so everyone can get the silliness out of their system. It's where I've been, I'll post an invite if an administrator sanctions said ADVERTISING OF ANOTHER SERVER!

Seriously though it's got something for everyone, all posts are saved and you can easily request pins, we got two other servers with gaming and serious rp in mind (I'm running an rp and I need halp with world building and organization.) Also a lot of vintage nexus members and new faces you will quickly learn to love.

I'll still show up here for you guys cause...

Edit: also features a mature lounge where only 18 and over are allowed which is quite chill, but due to issues with ERP getting traumatizing it's both been moved off server and you have to officially state you are of age, legal shit.

I would be interested in that. Mind shooting me a PM about it?
(10-13-2016, 10:39 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-12-2016, 02:21 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Eh, I probably won't join simply because I doubt they want to see me. Rather the opposite in fact.
Actually quite the opposite EVERYONE is welcome. Jetpack even came at one pojnt but that didn't last.

(10-12-2016, 04:23 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Its still dischord.

LOL, it's actually trendy because it's good. So many features that are quite welcome, in one place.

People are going to discord BECAUSE its an all in one and I've had to open steam and skype less and less.
Missing my point
(10-13-2016, 04:17 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-13-2016, 10:39 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Actually quite the opposite EVERYONE is welcome. Jetpack even came at one pojnt but that didn't last.

Missing my point
Which was?
(10-13-2016, 04:31 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-13-2016, 04:17 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Missing my point
Which was?
Old users who still aren't on these forums have likely avoided it because that's an easy way to avoid me
(10-13-2016, 04:32 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-13-2016, 04:31 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Which was?
Old users who still aren't on these forums have likely avoided it because that's an easy way to avoid me
I doubt you're that special.