Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-11-2017, 03:26 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2017, 03:25 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Ah so same publisher? Also what model?
Same business model

(01-11-2017, 03:25 PM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]I've gotten up to T7 with Japan's battleships and haven't spent a dime. It is a bit of a slow crawl once you hit T6 but it's fun enough to not be a problem, just never go alone unless you're a sneaky destroyer.
NEIN. BOW FORWARD. GUTEN TAG RED TEAM.
"Superior German Engineering." The brawling power of everything German scares me. I'll keep my distance with the 20KM range main guns. Vertical citadels ahoy!
(01-11-2017, 06:04 PM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2017, 03:26 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Same business model

NEIN. BOW FORWARD. GUTEN TAG RED TEAM.
"Superior German Engineering." The brawling power of everything German scares me. I'll keep my distance with the 20KM range main guns. Vertical citadels ahoy!
Nothing quite as horrifying as a Gneisenau emerging from behind an island 5km away.
Being in the same postal code as a Bismark is up there too.
The worst part is that the big German boats are fucking fast. 32 knots from Gneisenau and 30 from Bismark.
(01-11-2017, 06:11 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2017, 06:04 PM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]"Superior German Engineering." The brawling power of everything German scares me. I'll keep my distance with the 20KM range main guns. Vertical citadels ahoy!
Nothing quite as horrifying as a Gneisenau emerging from behind an island 5km away.
The worst part is that the big German boats are fucking fast. 32 knots from Gneisenau and 30 from Bismark.
You either cripple them on their approach or you prepare for a hammering.
The Nagato's piercing power is very nice to have when you're only given the bow to fire on, surprise full pens feel so nice.
(01-11-2017, 01:53 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Been quiet in here lately. What have people been up to?

Resigned from my job due to be unable to make it to work every day, missing work far too often, been working with several friends to help them look at the bigger picture or brighten up their day in general, working on looking for a job that works for me.  Shoveling several tons of snow a week and breaking two snow shovels in the process.  Working on figuring out something that drives me forwards in life if any etcetra. 

Oh, also possibly planning on slowly learning a C++ coding language.  Numerous people have asked me to help work on their projects (games, music, videos, webseries) but I've said no more times than I can count as i've had nothing to provide for it.  "ideas guys" are the lowliest of the creative sort.  And if I'm going to join any of them I'd like to be able to actually help rather than shave off benefits without any work.

What about everyone else?
(01-11-2017, 09:08 PM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2017, 06:11 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing quite as horrifying as a Gneisenau emerging from behind an island 5km away.
You either cripple them on their approach or you prepare for a hammering.
The Nagato's piercing power is very nice to have when you're only given the bow to fire on, surprise full pens feel so nice.
Bismark more or less does away with those by reinforcing the bow. It has the new issue where the superstructure is an easier target than the Ruhr though.
(01-11-2017, 11:08 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]Resigned from my job due to be unable to make it to work every day, missing work far too often, been working with several friends to help them look at the bigger picture or brighten up their day in general, working on looking for a job that works for me.  Shoveling several tons of snow a week and breaking two snow shovels in the process.  Working on figuring out something that drives me forwards in life if any etcetra. 

Oh, also possibly planning on slowly learning a C++ coding language.  Numerous people have asked me to help work on their projects (games, music, videos, webseries) but I've said no more times than I can count as i've had nothing to provide for it.  "ideas guys" are the lowliest of the creative sort.  And if I'm going to join any of them I'd like to be able to actually help rather than shave off benefits without any work.

I've been wanting to practice modeling, animation, coding, and the like, but have either been ill or too busy. I hope to get back into a groove soon.
I learned C# and then got a handle on Java a while ago, it went smoothly for me then. I've neglected to work on anything involving coding for far too long and might start on something soon.
Good luck finding a job that works for you and remember that many "Idea Guys" turn into designers if they work for it.

(01-12-2017, 12:05 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2017, 09:08 PM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]You either cripple them on their approach or you prepare for a hammering.
Bismark more or less does away with those by reinforcing the bow. It has the new issue where the superstructure is an easier target than the Ruhr though.
Flamethrowers are its bane then right? A cheeky Pensacola lobbing HE over islands would make any battleship user frown.
(01-12-2017, 01:42 AM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2017, 11:08 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]Resigned from my job due to be unable to make it to work every day, missing work far too often, been working with several friends to help them look at the bigger picture or brighten up their day in general, working on looking for a job that works for me.  Shoveling several tons of snow a week and breaking two snow shovels in the process.  Working on figuring out something that drives me forwards in life if any etcetra. 

I've been wanting to practice modeling, animation, coding, and the like, but have either been ill or too busy. I hope to get back into a groove soon.
I learned C# and then got a handle on Java a while ago, it went smoothly for me then. I've neglected to work on anything involving coding for far too long and might start on something soon.
Good luck finding a job that works for you and remember that many "Idea Guys" turn into designers if they work for it.

(01-12-2017, 12:05 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Bismark more or less does away with those by reinforcing the bow. It has the new issue where the superstructure is an easier target than the Ruhr though.
Flamethrowers are its bane then right? A cheeky Pensacola lobbing HE over islands would make any battleship user frown.
Don't even need to burn it, Bismark will take max pen damage from any plunging HE.
Drawing a lot and surviving work, really
I swear it's like I'm the only one who has low expectations for the new Nintendo console, all 3 of my usual discord servers are just consumed with hype and won't discuss anything else.
(01-13-2017, 05:00 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I swear it's like I'm the only one who has low expectations for the new Nintendo console, all 3 of my usual discord servers are just consumed with hype and won't discuss anything else.

Give it a week and 90% of people will have stopped caring.

I'm with you though I never watch these presentations though - would rather just read the summary somebody wrote immediately afterwards. It's just another console with the usual exclusives and a shitty battery life
(01-13-2017, 07:16 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-13-2017, 05:00 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I swear it's like I'm the only one who has low expectations for the new Nintendo console, all 3 of my usual discord servers are just consumed with hype and won't discuss anything else.

Give it a week and 90% of people will have stopped caring.

I'm with you though I never watch these presentations though - would rather just read the summary somebody wrote immediately afterwards. It's just another console with the usual exclusives and a shitty battery life
Hilariously it died down immediately after the presentation ended. You'd the presidential debates or something of huge importance was on by the way people were reacting play-by-play in totally unrelated servers and clogging up their general chats though.
(01-13-2017, 08:39 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-13-2017, 07:16 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]Give it a week and 90% of people will have stopped caring.

Hilariously it died down immediately after the presentation ended. You'd the presidential debates or something of huge importance was on by the way people were reacting play-by-play in totally unrelated servers and clogging up their general chats though.

breath of the wild still looks awesome tho, but still most people is still salty that mother 3 isnt announced.
Words of encouragement:

"Just keep going, see where life leads you.  The most interesting story you'll ever read starts the day you're born.  Why not read to the last page?"
I personally will only grab one for Breath of the Wild and Splatoon: any other games are after the fact or I own them on my account already. I won't be gaming heavily, so it's shortcomings don't quite apply or matter to me.

That being said, I'm not really hyped over it and building a new pc comes first.
The Switch looks kinda nifty, but it's going to be a while before i even think of buying it; presently, my two priorities are upgrading my PC, and making sure i have plenty of cash set aside for Anime North in May.
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: tumblr_ojvy6dy5Ec1uo9l9co1_500.png]
oh my gawwwwd
[Image: 29ec5738be201b22532af77cc622a9ea.jpg]
So Long War 2 is out...time to bust out the old character list and see who all will crash and burn.
(01-20-2017, 01:14 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]-xcom2-
So Long War 2 is out...time to bust out the old character list and see who all will crash and burn.

Surge plays Xcom with nexus characters chapter 2, sign me up with an ADVENT geared ranger with rifle
Sign me up!