Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-31-2018, 08:32 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]I's not a bug it's a feature

It also won't let some people uninstall it.

"Social" media is pretty shit.  Either there is too much control or not enough no matter what.  Makes it too easy for people to live in their own little world too.  Hardly anything social at all about either having 100 people competing to make something readable and all failing, or twenty people who don't give a rats ass about anyone not a part of their inner circle.  Forums are good because they forced a more natural social gathering style.  Phooey.

I hate "social" media. for other reasons too.  But those are mostly because i'm autistic.

was really hoping this place would operate for another year or two actively.  Maybe make some friends rather than merely acquaintances here.  But if it's not to be, it's not to be, too bad.  I have a few of the folks here as contacts just in case at least.  If nothing else.  Makes it viable to ask me if someone's lost contact with someone else from here they did consider a friend.
Also 76's entire anticheat system is checking to see if "cheatengine.exe" is running. It doesn't even verify that you haven't modified your game.
a feature
I finally got ahold of divinity original sin 2.  And it took my favorite game all time slot from the tie between call of Juarez gunslinger and metro last light.  Yeeeees.  a lot of rough edges.  But it accomplishes the things i've wanted from a game for soooo looooong.

I'm also getting a weird warning message thing every time I post a message here.  what?
(11-27-2018, 12:43 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]I finally got ahold of divinity original sin 2.  And it took my favorite game all time slot from the tie between call of Juarez gunslinger and metro last light.  Yeeeees.  a lot of rough edges.  But it accomplishes the things i've wanted from a game for soooo looooong.

I'm also getting a weird warning message thing every time I post a message here.  what?

Take a screenshot and let me see it. I had to replace the server a couple weeks ago and it still might not be 100% yet.
(11-27-2018, 02:36 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-27-2018, 12:43 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]I finally got ahold of divinity original sin 2.  And it took my favorite game all time slot from the tie between call of Juarez gunslinger and metro last light.  Yeeeees.  a lot of rough edges.  But it accomplishes the things i've wanted from a game for soooo looooong.

Take a screenshot and let me see it. I had to replace the server a couple weeks ago and it still might not be 100% yet.

It only shows up for a split second unfortunately.  Don't know if i'll be able to do so but i'll try.

Got part of it but there's a lot of scrolling I won't be able to capture.
You know, maybe with Tumblr dying off people might start using forums like this again. One can be hopeful.
(12-04-2018, 01:54 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]You know, maybe with Tumblr dying off people might start using forums like this again. One can be hopeful.

One can be hopeful
(12-04-2018, 01:54 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]You know, maybe with Tumblr dying off people might start using forums like this again. One can be hopeful.

Honestly, I actually kind of prefer the relatively slower pace of a forum. Especially when you want to talk with people from different timezones.
Other timezones? Just have a trainwreck of a sleep schedule so you're awake at the same time as people from any given timezone at some point in the week
(12-19-2018, 04:28 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Other timezones? Just have a trainwreck of a sleep schedule so you're awake at the same time as people from any given timezone at some point in the week

That still doesn't work when you have friends from three different time zones including ones that are 17 hours removed from yours.  (aussieland)

Also, Marry Kitmas
's a tad late, but merry christmas, everyone!
So a friend got me a PC copy of Split/Second for christmas and my first instinct was "aw sick this'll be great to stream, I should start a save and unlock some stuff"

4 hours later I learn the PC version has a bug where it randomly corrupts saves.
(12-29-2018, 12:08 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]So a friend got me a PC copy of Split/Second for christmas and my first instinct was "aw sick this'll be great to stream, I should start a save and unlock some stuff"

4 hours later I learn the PC version has a bug where it randomly corrupts saves.

...  Ouch.  I assume it's not a game where you can easily multi backup saves either?

Also.  Happy new year too now and such.
(01-02-2019, 11:03 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2018, 12:08 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]So a friend got me a PC copy of Split/Second for christmas and my first instinct was "aw sick this'll be great to stream, I should start a save and unlock some stuff"

...  Ouch.  I assume it's not a game where you can easily multi backup saves either?

Also.  Happy new year too now and such.
No it was pretty easy to back-up the save, just had to figure out where it was. Turns out the problem is that the game can't save a profile if it is between 60 and 50% game completion, so if you pass the halfway point the game autosaves as normal again.
So, what even happened to the Avali in general?

Or to this group for that matter...
(02-12-2019, 06:01 PM)Jim_Clonk Wrote: [ -> ]So, what even happened to the Avali in general?

Or to this group for that matter...

The avali mod got taken over/remade by apparently some former people from the original forum I wasn't a part of and a bunch of randos.  The original avali creator disappeared.  came back for a bit.  Then disappeared again. 

And it appears this group lost too many members or fragmented too much.  Some lost interest, others decided it was time to move on.  I suppose some people might still check.  But it's sporadic as hell at this point.  I miss active forums that aren't a mess.  Like this was/is.
you know what i miss most about forums.
the ability to qoute people, it was super useful.
(02-26-2019, 08:16 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]you know what i miss most about forums.
the ability to qoute people, it was super useful.

It was very useful for keeping a conversation uncluttered
Quite. Sent a message to Achroma in polity for the RP, to ask if my plans are unwanted or unacceptable.

Got your steam friend invite successfully Achroma. You did get the right one... Considering i'm the only person on steam using that Alias, heh.

Hopefully you folks who are still checking in are doing pretty well?