Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-02-2016, 05:22 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
also which of you self promoted on the modding discussions, please dont do that, you're giving this place a worser name than it has

It's gone now.

I'm sorry.
(09-01-2016, 09:24 PM)Comito Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2016, 09:20 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]WHY.

Shaad please,  they are completely harmless to people, and they're cute to boot!

Just look at this little guy girl! (spoilered for actual arachnophobes i'm looking at you, reks)

I'm not an arachnophobe, but others are, and that's why I always got onto you about it.
Well it would suck to be a Warframe youtuber with the changes that youtube is making.
With it targeting tittles and description with Warframe having war in its name almost all of the warframe tuber community are having their videos demonetized.
Also apparently acne is offensive...

bird
(09-02-2016, 05:22 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]also which of you self promoted on the modding discussions, please dont do that, you're giving this place a worser name than it has
(09-02-2016, 06:00 AM)Kohrokho Wrote: [ -> ]It's gone now.
I'm sorry.

Sorry, that was entirely my fault.
I mentioned to Kohrokho that he should try posting his thing to other Avali threads since we aren't very big and people tend to disregard the user creations section.
Now, CF has a significant lack of active Avali community threads since we left, and the Avali 1.0 Mod Revival Discussion seems to be taking that role currently, with lore discussion and other stuff not strictly mod-related being there. I figured that as such it would be the best option for getting it seen.

Please don't get mad at him, it's me being stupid with bad advice!

Edit: After checking the thread, I've noticed that nobody actually complained about the post, so I don't know where you got "making us look bad" from Alpha.
(09-02-2016, 07:52 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2016, 05:22 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]also which of you self promoted on the modding discussions, please dont do that, you're giving this place a worser name than it has
(09-02-2016, 06:00 AM)Kohrokho Wrote: [ -> ]It's gone now.
I'm sorry.

Sorry, that was entirely my fault.
I mentioned to Kohrokho that he should try posting his thing to other Avali threads since we aren't very big and people tend to disregard the user creations section.
Now, CF has a significant lack of active Avali community threads since we left, and the Avali 1.0 Mod Revival Discussion seems to be taking that role currently, with lore discussion and other stuff not strictly mod-related being there. I figured that as such it would be the best option for getting it seen.

Please don't get mad at him, it's me being stupid with bad advice!

Edit: After checking the thread, I've noticed that nobody actually complained about the post, so I don't know where you got "making us look bad" from Alpha.
because nobody seen it yet, it's also dead this time around, I've seen the new guys and some of them might be strict or just like Ruu, a bit mean
and yes I should be scolding you for bad advice
*bunch of chinese words with southern hokkean in the mix of scolding words*
(09-02-2016, 07:59 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]because nobody seen it yet, it's also dead this time around, I've seen the new guys and some of them might be strict or just like Ruu, a bit mean
and yes I should be scolding you for bad advice
*bunch of chinese words with southern hokkean in the mix of scolding words*

*Blank stare*
*Slowly sulks off into the shadows*
So today I learned that my computer's fstab has been mangled since the day it was born. That's interesting.

Key notes:

/ listed before /boot (a minor inconvenience to programs, not fatal)
Remount read-only on error is assigned to / instead of /boot (oh god what I an so glad this never entered trigger state)
No defaults are passed to / (how have I ever been able to write this entire time?)
Everybody's set 1 for fsck checks (sanity reasons for bootup)

This is why most people don't trust computers to write fstabs.
(09-02-2016, 08:34 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]So today I learned that my computer's fstab has been mangled since the day it was born. That's interesting.

Key notes:

Remount read-only on error is assigned to / instead of /boot (oh god what I an so glad this never entered trigger state)
No defaults are passed to / (how have I ever been able to write this entire time?)

I have absolutely no idea what any of this means but it sounds horrifying.
(09-02-2016, 08:34 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]So today I learned that my computer's fstab has been mangled since the day it was born. That's interesting.

Key notes:

Sounds like your computer is running on a good supply of magic.
(09-02-2016, 08:44 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]

Key notes:

I have absolutely no idea what any of this means but it sounds horrifying.

Nothing serious enough to stop the computer from working. Just things not done by the book is all.

Might as well fix it so that it is to spec, that way if anything bad happens it behaves predictably.

Also, on error remount read-only for / isn't that uncommon. If it happens, mount / -o remount,rw or thereabouts will fix it. You don't want to write to root in a situation where the filesystem may be inconsistent, as this can cause serious data corruption.
[Image: nTWAM0O.gif]

[Image: FvHMFMS.gif]
(09-02-2016, 02:11 PM)Comito Wrote: [ -> ][Image: nTWAM0O.gif]

[Image: FvHMFMS.gif]
IT TOOK MAH JERB!

(09-02-2016, 05:22 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2016, 04:12 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]

I'll trade you that hat, for a refine and a reclaimed, also is 1.33Ref still a thing?

also which of you self promoted on the modding discussions, please dont do that, you're giving this place a worser name than it has

(09-01-2016, 11:02 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]-rhao vali-
Starbound, that game where I spent several minutes watching a cotton plant grow because I needed cotton to progress or something.
A suggestion for the potential mechanian mod revival, crafting your armor/gear better or earning then through missions/quest? I might have to implement those into the mod in the future. Also atleast you remember to water the ground, the first time I planted them I didint water took me hours to realize that I need to water them.

M8 you tryin to be reported to steamrep?

This is a high tier unusual "Musical Kill-a-Watt" and is a one of a kind!

I want at least 40 buds.
(09-02-2016, 02:14 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]M8 you tryin to be reported to steamrep?

I want at least 40 buds.

No it isn't one of a kind. I have the unfinished pieces of one in my closet right now waiting for a suitable power supply.

I put a lot of time into making it, but the primary transformer I used wasn't up to the task.

Really should get hold of a neon sign transformer and finish what I started all those years ago.
LASERBEAMS:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756688724
[Image: 56dbdd4d35.gif]

(09-02-2016, 03:25 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2016, 02:14 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]M8 you tryin to be reported to steamrep?

I want at least 40 buds.

No it isn't one of a kind. I have the unfinished pieces of one in my closet right now waiting for a suitable power supply.

I put a lot of time into making it, but the primary transformer I used wasn't up to the task.

Really should get hold of a neon sign transformer and finish what I started all those years ago.
Was joking how it was the only hat mounted one, that I know of at least.
(09-02-2016, 03:25 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]

I want at least 40 buds.

someone havent got into tf2's trading community, but still 40buds sounds ridiculous, unusuals usually like 20..unless it have inflated again

(09-02-2016, 04:10 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]LASERBEAMS:

*havent checked the mod yet*
I guess you resolved the overpowered problem?
(09-02-2016, 04:26 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2016, 03:25 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]No it isn't one of a kind. I have the unfinished pieces of one in my closet right now waiting for a suitable power supply.

someone havent got into tf2's trading community, but still 40buds sounds ridiculous, unusuals usually like 20..unless it have inflated again

Recipe is rather pricey and most of the issue was it causing lag when used against things like dirt and sand.

Fixed that now.

brrrrrtttttttttt

(09-02-2016, 04:33 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2016, 04:26 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]someone havent got into tf2's trading community, but still 40buds sounds ridiculous, unusuals usually like 20..unless it have inflated again

Recipe is rather pricey and most of the issue was it causing lag when used against things like dirt and sand.

Fixed that now.
I was expecting it used some kind of ammunition/fuel, I'm not sure how lag was caused but atleast you fixed it

[Image: tumblr_inline_ocvvwdZCn31rvedci_540.jpg]
this was kC's dream bedroom

I've probably said this before but I really like The Orange Hatter as a Youtuber, he is very detail oriented and not in the "look all the flowers are actually facing the sun" way more in the "this level is actually really well structured to keep the player from getting lost while feeling epic in scale instead of cramped and linear" way where he can really dissect features and what they mean both for the player and the dev. Hell, he has 2 10+ minute videos where he just talks about difficulty settings and how they impact both the player's perspective and the overall flow/pacing of the game.

I'm definitely adding this when I mod Starbound for my next playthrough!
You've probably answered this before, but is it going to be part of Triage or an already existing addon mod, or is it going to be its own thing?