Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-06-2017, 02:26 AM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]Did someone imply that we annex the lore stuff and make a seperate thread here to attract new members, or was it just me?

I implied we could. We could also make a lore discussion thread. But I didn't say we are. Mostly cuz I can't.
Ehks could, if he were still here. And speaking of which, am I the only one who noticed that most of the staff has disappeard?
(05-06-2017, 03:10 PM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]Ehks could, if he were still here. And speaking of which, am I the only one who noticed that most of the staff has disappeard?

They haven't disappeared. They don't talk very much, but they still check in to do their job 
(05-05-2017, 01:57 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]The thing is, this site has no real focus on the avali overall anymore.  (or at least not enough of one to outdo other titles, as there has been more talk of world of tanks and other vehicular war sims than avali over the past year+ by far)  As the mod this was primarly acclimate to is no longer around.  And as has been pointed out before.  The newer avali mod is apparently not the same thing.  Overall it leads to this site no longer being the "avali" nexus, it is simply the "Old community Nexus" .  It is an artifact title as such, even if it wouldn't take much to make that no longer the case so it would become acclimate to it's title once more.  Until that happens though.  Add to that, the only reason it's still the avali nexus as a name right now is due to a cross between laziness, and respect for the past (nastalgia).  Otherwise it was almost going to be changed to only "The Nexus".

LostRinoah, you've hit the nail on the head with the current state of the Avali Nexus. The main reason this site isn't getting any new users, among other reasons albeit, is that the original purpose of the site is no longer being fulfilled. I came here back in October when I really started getting acquainted with the avali community, thinking it was going to be a hub of discussion. I must say that I was rather disappointed to see it serving the purpose of a wannabe general Discord server with its own small population and rather hard-to-get-into roleplay arc. I mean, barely any of you likely recognize me, just because I mainly deem this site in its current state a waste of my time (don't mean to be hostile or offensive or anything).

But if this site is to again become relevant to the whole avali community, we have to take the initiative. Relocating discussions (from the Avali 1.0 reboot thread on the CF forums, for example) will be necessitated. Any good forum has a dedicated off-topic thread, and that's where the people who discuss unrelated games and unrelated roleplay worldbuilding (looking at you Surge Tongue) can go.

Unfortunately I myself am not in the position to partake in such reforming due to personal/real life stuff, but I think the members who are much more deserving of the title 'forum regular' than I should take up this task. Who else is going to do it?

Also, this forum skin is rather inefficient in its user interface and navigation. It may seem miniscule, but such a quality is also likely to turn away newcomers.

(05-06-2017, 01:19 AM)Chimera Wrote: [ -> ]And those places are? I tried Ryujiin's lore dump thing, but I think that'd be classified as a necro'd thread... 

I have two places I go to for that: the Chucklefish forums (specifically the Avali 1.0 reboot thread by Ryuu) and the Avali Triage Discord server. I believe you can get to the latter via a link on the Triage mod page in the Chucklefish forums.

I apologize for the double post, but as I am currently on the Wii U's internet browser with limited HTML recognition, I can't really be bothered to edit a post to contain an extra quote.

Another thing I would like to touch upon is how welcoming existing members are to new members of the server. First of all, there should be server advertisement on other related sites and even major internet sites like DeviantArt or *a bit of cringe* FurAffinity. Secondly, when there are newcomers to the Avali Nexus, steps should be taken to get each one acquainted with the avali, their lore, and the community, as well as helping them to feel at home.

I don't really mean this as a laundry list of ideas which should definitely be obeyed, as I am in no position to expect such obedience being a newer member. What I do mean for these couple of posts to be is a bit of advice as to how one could go about reforming this server. I really want to see this place succeed on a larger scale, I guess.
That's actually a pretty good idea. I'm in support of it. I think if we push for this we could do it but everybody would have to be in agreement and we'd need to bother ehksidan or other people in a high enough position.
Though don't over do it if we change too fast we might find ourselves in trouble. Also remember to keep in mind short term vs long term. For example, Advertising long term if we even do it (I doubt that[no offense]) .
I'd like to try it see if this works out how about everybody else?

Also sorry for no qoute but man that post is huge.
Surge, I found something you might like
https://youtu.be/hCJ9sJHunVA
(I can't get the video link to work)
I'm tired of hearing hype about the Kuratas/Megabot fight, I just wanna see them slap each other's shit already!
SOLARIS WHEN!?
(05-07-2017, 02:39 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I'm tired of hearing hype about the Kuratas/Megabot fight, I just wanna see them slap each other's shit already!
SOLARIS WHEN!?

August of this year is when the fights are planned, So keep your titanium panties on :/
(05-07-2017, 03:00 AM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-07-2017, 02:39 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I'm tired of hearing hype about the Kuratas/Megabot fight, I just wanna see them slap each other's shit already!
SOLARIS WHEN!?

August of this year is when the fights are planned, So keep your titanium panties on :/

I still wouldn't keep my hopes up personally: they've delayed it before, as I'm sure you're aware. Hate to be the pessimistic one, but not really.

(05-06-2017, 11:25 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]That's actually a pretty good idea. I'm in support of it. I think if we push for this we could do it but everybody would have to be in agreement and we'd need to bother ehksidan or other people in a high enough position.
Though don't over do it if we change too fast we might find ourselves in trouble. Also remember to keep in mind short term vs long term. For example, Advertising long term if we even do it (I doubt that[no offense]) .
I'd like to try it see if this works out how about everybody else?

Also sorry for no qoute but man that post is huge.

You do have a point: it'll only become a reality if people are willing to make it one. We could always just keep it an isolated, clique-like forum, but I personally think that is both sad and a bit disrespectful to the avali community.
(05-07-2017, 03:00 AM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]
SOLARIS WHEN!?
titanium panties

now I need to unsee that
(05-06-2017, 03:10 PM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]Ehks could, if he were still here. And speaking of which, am I the only one who noticed that most of the staff has disappeard?

Call me when there's something to moderate lol - even the bots don't touch this place.

Oh yeah and ehks = she
(05-08-2017, 12:08 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]

Call me when there's something to moderate lol - even the bots don't touch this place.

Oh yeah and ehks = she

Wasn't ehksidan a dude at one point? I mean Internet wise then she started using female all the time. This is a series of events that confuses me to this day.
(05-08-2017, 01:28 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-08-2017, 12:08 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]Call me when there's something to moderate lol - even the bots don't touch this place.

Oh yeah and ehks = she

Wasn't ehksidan a dude at one point? I mean Internet wise then she started using female all the time. This is a series of events that confuses me to this day.

She came out as transgender. She is female, please refer to her using female pronouns. It's simple really.
*grumble*
(That is all I'll say on gender topics to avoid drama)
do we even have enough users for there to be any drama of this sort?
(05-08-2017, 02:51 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]do we even have enough users for there to be any drama of this sort?

*shrug*

I don't really care what your whole take on gender issues is - I just ask that you respect people's gender identity while you're here. It's an avali community forum, not the place to get on your personal soapbox about stuff like that.

(not addressing you specifically Surge, just everyone in general)
(05-08-2017, 02:46 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]*grumble*
(That is all I'll say on gender topics to avoid drama)
You could just

Y'know

Respect her wishes. Easier than fighting over it, cause it's not like it's being thrust in your face :V
(05-08-2017, 02:51 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]do we even have enough users for there to be any drama of this sort?

You know very well that as long as there's two people who remotely think differently, the potential for drama exists

Given how the forums are slower than cold snails, though... Probably won't see too much.
oh god the wheels are turning.
did someone say drama? I got just the drama material right here, wiyth the world going so badly Well never ran out of drama until let's say 22XX

also umby drop
[Image: tumblr_oplsfdxv0P1thew31o1_1280.jpg]
https://sexy-shiny-umbreon.tumblr.com/post/160420062062/
Well that's a lot of artistic liberty